Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On Being 'Peculiar'

I'm going to try something different, and by different, I mean actually posting on this blog. Shocking! I know.

I just finished Ransom Rigg's brilliant first novel Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which is unlike any book I have ever read. He creates a suspenseful fairytale that is so believable you begin to wonder if you've encountered these unusual endearing characters in your daily life. The combination between text and photography work extremely well together generating a more vivid and unforgettable story that stays with you long after the final page.



I absolutely adored this book, and recommend it to anyone who wants a fast and rewarding read. Seriously, it's good. Go to your library and get it. If it's checked out put it on hold. You'll love it. It's worth it.

Also, you can follow the author on twitter @ransomriggs. He's a pretty cool dude. He even replied to my tweet about his book. He's that legit.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment